Friday 31 January 2014

Tom Bakers footprint, too late?

I visited Leeds Castle as a boy in 1982.  A sunny day.  My memories are simple - swans, a yellow button badge with the afore mentioned aquatic bird upon it as an entry ticket, and a nicely walled castle.  I assume but can't confirm that ice cream, a can of coke and a wasp may or may not have been involved.

I can however confirm on a cold January Saturday 32 years later, I discovered that an episode of my favorite television show - Doctor Who, was filmed at Leeds Castle.  If only I had known.

Per chance to lay and touch grass 'pon which Tom Baker had stepped just four years before, to sniff pebbles which had deviated from stillness at the brush of his boot, and perhaps hold one tightly as I thought of scarf, jelly baby and curl.   

And thus a tear rolls down my cheek at this missed part of my timeline, now penciled in as a flexible temporal point.  But behold a chance, an opportunity to discuss Doctor Who: The Key to Time with fellow enthusiasts and philosophers.   


Here is that chance - A universal and thought provoking presentation of views and discussion, sensitivity and passion.  Please enjoy.  

Diddly Dum Podcast - Episode 3:The Waking Ally*

(Amy Ponds Crack appears c/o Moff's Muff Co)


No comments:

Post a Comment